- Advertisement information: this post discusses items gifted to me with no obligation to share them (marked *). In addition I have / have had a brand relationship with Charlotte Tilbury, Fenty Beauty, Cult Beauty, Beauty Bay, Hourglass and Stila (gifting). My blog has Skimlinks and RewardStyle installed to automatically monetise purchases of products I link on my blog, therefore this post may contain affiliate links. All opinions remain my own and please refer to my Disclosure Page for further detail -
It's my Christmas party this week and I'm sure a few of you reading have yours coming up too! Today I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourite makeup products for a festive glam makeup look...
- SKIN -My perfect long-wearing and flawless but glowing base duo is the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter (5 Tan) | £34 | with the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation (250) | £27 | full review. The Charlotte Tilbury primer gives the skin the most gorgeous, subtle luminosity when used underneath foundation. It's not overly greasy and doesn't look shiny or shimmery, but it takes down some of the matte quality when you're using a full-coverage, flawless foundation. I then like to use the Fenty foundation for nights out because it's so long-wearing and gives the skin a perfected look. The coverage is easy to sheer out or build up and the finish isn't overly drying and doesn't look flat. I then use the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer (Golden Beige) | £25 | full review | under the eyes. It's brightening, hydrating and gives full coverage without the cake!
- CHEEKS -Obviously for a glam makeup look; the highlighter has to be on full beam! I've recently been loving the Jouer Powder Highlighter in Skinny Dip | £19. It's a sort of warm peachy-champagne and the formula is blinding. It really meshes with the skin and doesn't emphasise texture too much, but when it catches the light it looks stunning. Sticking with the glow theme, I like to use the Milani Baked Blush in Bellissimo Bronze* | £11 | because it's long-wearing, it's impossible to over-apply and gives a subtle sheeny glow of warm bronze. It's pretty much my go-to for any warm-toned makeup look!
I honestly don't really contour these days; it just seems like a lot of effort and looks a bit too much for my personal preference! So it's the Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer in Bajan Gyal | £23 | full review | for me. This is a matte bronzer formula, so will still add dimension to the skin, but will also warm things up and look a little more natural. This formula is so smooth, easy to blend and long-wearing.
- EYES -If you can't wear glitter at Christmas, when can you? I absolutely love the Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadow in Foil | £26. This has a great adhesive quality to it, so you can pop this onto your lids with your fingers in a few seconds with no fallout. It doesn't flake off during the day and looks nicely subtle; think grown-up glitter. The colour is a beautiful warm gold.
I've not been all about the winged liner every single day for a while now but my beloved Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black | £15 | comes back out for my glam makeup looks. This has a really precise point and gives a perfect clean line that doesn't bleed, transfer or smudge throughout the day (or night). It's also incredibly pigmented and opaque. Then, to finish off the look, I love the Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara* | £25 | full review. This gives me clump-free volume that doesn't flake; kind of like false lashes in a mascara.
- LIPS -For Christmas; it has to be red! I'm really particular about the shades of red I wear, because a lot of those blue-undertoned classic reds just don't suit me. However the MAC Matte Lipstick in Marrakesh | £17.50 | is perfect. Unlike some of the darker mattes in MAC's range; this isn't drying, it actually has a comfortable, creamy formula that still lasts incredibly well. This is a very deep brown-toned red that's really unique in my opinion.
What's your go-to look for a bit of festive glam?
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)
There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!
If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg