- Advertisement information: this post does not discuss gifted items however I have / have had a brand relationship with Charlotte Tilbury, Aromatherapy Associates, BeautyBlender, Cult Beauty (gifting). My blog has Skimlinks and RewardStyle installed to automatically monetise purchases of products I link on my blog, therefore this post may contain affiliate links. All opinions remain my own and please refer to my Disclosure Page for further detail -
Well, I'm another year older... but at least I got some lovely gifts from my friends, family and boyfriend to make me feel a bit better! As always for the products in this post, it's going to be more of a 'show' than a tell, but if there's anything you'd like to see a review of sooner rather than later; please let me know. But for now this is a little overview...
- MAKEUP -The first thing I got was the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter (5 Tan). I feel like the last person on the planet to have tried this and it always gets rave reviews. This is a skin-toned illuminating primer and I'm really enjoying it so far to add a subtle but radiant glow to my complexion under foundation. I also received the prettiest BeautyBlender in existence! This is my must-have makeup tool (I did a full breakdown on why I love it here) and the BeautyBlender in Violet Swirl is just beautiful. Maybe even too beautiful to use...
I also got the Natasha Denona Tan Palette. I don't think a face palette could be more 'me'! Though it's definitely smaller than I thought it was from pictures online - I love the travel-friendly packaging and the little flap to separate the cream from the powders, so things don't get messy. There's a warm ambered bronze cream highlighter in here with a soft sheen and a really good level of opacity. It isn't greasy but warms under the fingers so it can easily be blended out. There's then a very warm gold powder - it definitely has more of a natural look on the skin but gives a beautiful warmth. We then have a matte bronzer, which is that perfect 'warm but not orange' colour on my skin tone, though it's definitely pigmented so a light hand is needed! And finally there's a very light gold highlighter with a metallic finish for something more intense and blinding.
- SKINCARE AND FRAGRANCE -My grandparents got me the gorgeous Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle. This honestly has the most beautiful, tranquil aromatic musky scent that's perfect for a chilled evening in to create the feel of a spa at home. My mum also got me the Kayali Vanilla fragrance, which I'd seen whilst shopping in Selfridges with her and we both loved the scent! It's a beautiful warm, sweet scent you can just melt into! Its notes include vanilla (obviously!), tonka, musk, brown sugar, amber and patchouli - heavenly...
My mum also got me the Summer Fridays R+R Mask. I've only used this a handful of times but I'm already a fan. It contains rose particles and although it's a wash-off mask it contains oils that soften and nourish your skin even after use. I like using this before bed for extra moisture. I'll do a full review of it at some point!
- JEWELLERY -I also got a few bits of jewellery. My boyfriend was very sweet and got me this bracelet from my favourite brand Missoma, which is the same yellow gold as the necklace and earrings I already have from this brand. It's simple and pretty so the sort of thing I'll wear every day to work. It's also a perfect piece for layering and stacking. As I have warm undertones - gold is definitely my preference in jewellery. I also got these pretty gold double horn stud earrings from Seol + Gold - a high-quality but reasonably-priced Etsy store. I really love this design too! Finally for jewellery; a friend got me this pretty set of stackable and layerable rings from Mood by Jon Richards, which are also so me - I love these sorts of rings with coloured stones!
- WHAT I GOT UP TO -My main gift from my boyfriend was a trip to Painswick in the Cotswolds, which was absolutely lovely! The sun was shining and we had the most amazing Airbnb - a beautifully-converted old coach house. We had a wander through the picturesque streets and around the amazing church and garden (every corner really is as gorgeous as it looks in photos - it's maybe even prettier in real life!), had a dinner of fresh produce at St Michael's Restaurant and had a glass of wine whilst watching a film that evening. The following day after breakfast, we said goodbye to our lovely temporary home and - as the weather was still so lovely - we had a walk up to the vantage point of Painswick Beacon from which you can see beautiful countryside for miles around. We had a bite to eat and a cocktail at a restaurant, bar, hotel and spa called the Painswick, which was again very good before exploring Painswick's Rococo Garden. All in all; I couldn't have had a lovelier birthday! You can check out some of my photos over on Instagram.
Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned? Let me know your thoughts on them in the comments! And thank you to my loved ones for treating me for my birthday. Even though I'm now 26...
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment - I read and appreciate every single one :)
There's no need to spam - I will check out your blog if you leave a click-able link under a genuine comment!
If you have a question please check back for my reply or tweet me @jasminetalksblg